As we have already setup the database (MySQL) connection in iReport, now I am going to create my first report in iReport.
To create a new report –
11) Go to “File” then Select “New…” from the menu.
You should get a dialog box like this
22) Select the report template, which you want to use for the report, here we are going to choose “Coffee” template.
33) Click on “Launch Report Wizard” .
44) Name the Report Name and location where you want to save.
55) Select the Connection / Data Sources from drop down list, I am using the Sample Database for the report.
For the query either you can use “Desin query” button to design the query or you can write the query.
ORDERS."ORDERID" AS ORDERS_ORDERID,
ORDERS."CUSTOMERID" AS ORDERS_CUSTOMERID,
ORDERS."SHIPCITY" AS ORDERS_SHIPCITY,
ORDERS."SHIPCOUNTRY" AS ORDERS_SHIPCOUNTRY
66) Click “Next” button and here you can select the filed, which you want to use in report.
77) Click “Next” button and select Group1 if you want to group the data.
88) Click “Next” and “Finish”.
99) You can see the “Preview” the report, you can also change the title of the report from “Designer” tab.